Monday, December 5, 2011

Dear Rex... A Letter To The #Redskins Starting QB

"Dear Rex,

What's up homie! I got your letters, I've just been too busy to respond. I apologize if I've caused any anguish to you waiting so long to hear back from me.

You seem to be doing a pretty darn good job coming off of the pneumonia! Yesterday, coulda been a little better as far as making decisions on which guy to pass to in your check-downs, but we'll work on that in practice. It does seem you've dropped the 5-6 lbs you talked about in the off season though. Good job! (sidebar: are we still on for beers later?)

I'm sorry about waiting so long to hear back from us in the offseason! I had no idea you felt that way. We never wanted you to think you weren't wanted or appreciated around here by waiting so long to get you a contract. But I don't think you will have to wait that long after this season. Now John, I'm not so sure. But it's nothing for you to worry about.

You seem really concerned with the lack of run plays in the game. I know I sorta let up yesterday on the run plays in the second half, but Roy already got his shine, I just wanted everyone else to get theirs too!!! I mean Fred, he had 99 yards... Santana made some good plays too... I guess losing sucks a whole lot worse than to continue doing what works to win. Oh well! Dad'll get over it.

On another note, Roy DID do a fantastic job, didn't he? They just didn't have an answer for the guy. Maybe I should have used him more and ate up the clock so the Jets wouldn't have an opportunity to score... Maybe I shoulda called a run play on that 3rd and 1 drive when Roy got the other 9 yards rushing..... naaaaaa! Why should I second guess myself?? I KNOW what I'm doing and I know you're on my side. Good ol' faithful Rex.

Boy, losing Fred and Trent for the rest of the year is really going to suck. I never thought Trent would be gone... which is why from the start of the season there was never anyone behind his name on the depth chart. When you have someone like Trent around, who needs a backup LT to cover your blind side?!! I guess Sean or Jammal will have to do for the next four games so make sure you build your wind up and be ready to run or Dad will try John again.

Well hey, I've gotta run. Time to find a ringer tight end till the end of the season and find new ways to dodge questions about clock management. SMH. If I hear that phrase one more time... I mean c'mon... play to win!!!

See you at practice,

--Kyle

P.S. - This game coming up will be a straight up shootout between you and Tom so get that arm warmed up too, I'm going to be getting our receivers ready to go deep all day!"

Follow Me On Twitter: @NFLHustleBabe

No comments:

Post a Comment