Monday, August 8, 2011

Top 10 Media Quotes (Nov 5, 2010)

I had to repost this from my FB acct... too funny.


#10
"If you go all this way to get a quarterback of that caliber, I'm sorry, I think you should live and die with him. I'm sorry, the team goes as far as Donovan McNabb takes them.”
--Mouth of the South a.k.a. Fred Smoot

#9
“If you trade for a guy in April who's played 11, 12 seasons in the NFL, and you can't teach him the two-minute drill by the time we get to the middle of the season, then you would have to be one of the worst coaches in the history of football.”
--Cris Carter

#8
"If anyone else out there feels that Rex Grossman gives the Washington Redskins a better chance than Donovan McNabb to win a game with two minutes left on the clock, they need to slap they selves."
--Chad [Johnson] Ochocinco

#7
Mike Shanahan: “Unless you’ve been [practicing the two minute drill] for four or five weeks, it’s not easy to just instantaneously come up with those formations.”
(Earlier in that same press conference)
Reporter: “You said Donovan hadn’t been able to do it. Had Rex practiced it at all lately?”
Mike Shanahan: “No, Rex hadn’t practiced it either. But what Rex had been doing, he’s been working out… you know, he can do all the quarterback drills… he’s in very good shape…”

#6
“I think Shanahan is still searching for John Elway. Somehow, someway, he thinks there’s going to be another guy like John Elway…He coached a team to almost perfection (with Elway) so he wanted that again, he wanted that every time we went out there. It’s just not realistic.”
--Jake Plummer

#5
Holden Kushner: “You should go to Amsterdam [during the bye week]… Massages are legal in Amsterdam.”
Clinton Portis: “Hey, I’m sure A LOT of stuff legal in Amsterdam. That’s why I don’t need to be in Amsterdam.”

#4
“They know [John Wall] is out there having fun, and they need that to attract fans. You gonna turn down the one exciting thing they've got going for them? If they want to see John Wall dance, let him dance. If he's gonna score 29 points every time he dances, I'm gonna demand he dance before every game."
--Smoot

#3
“I'll never ever market our team and [ask fans to] come to our arena to see someone else play. I think we have enough stars that can shine, and I want to build total loyalty and empathy and love for our players and our franchise."
--Ted Leonsis

#2
"They should stop letting [Troy Aikman] call Redskins games, because he makes some of the dumbest comments in the history of dumb."
--Brian Mitchell

#1
“When we have a total paid sellout this season, I will do the ‘Dougie’ - I promise.”
--Ted Leonsis


No comments:

Post a Comment